Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Recycling Day

Currently our blue recycling bins are picked up every other week.  Because Mike and I share a bin, generally it is full when it goes out.  This week I added a shocking 20.25 pounds of magazines.

Theses two holders were just over 15 pounds and then this morning I carried out another 5 pounds I had gathered last night. All these magazines were from 2004-2011 which means there are more, but not too many more, lurking about.

I now read some magazines on my nook because they are free from the online section of our library.  That's a good thing and yes, Martha Stewart's Living magazine is one of those.  Also, the other day at the dentist's office, I actually used my phone to take a picture of a product I want to try.  That's another good thing, particularly for me, to avoid bringing more paper into the house.  It just doesn't get to the recycle bin fast enough.

Also shocking was to see how much the scrapbook paper on the spine of the magazine holders has faded in five years.  The background was a golden tan and all those polka dots were intense primary  colors.  I probably should dust there more often.


No comments: