Saturday, August 8, 2015

Extraction.

We, the dentist and I,  have been fighting an abscess for months.  First an apicoectomy, cutting and removing the tip of the infected root and then stitching.  That was not successful and next came a large shot of antibiotics right into the abscess area.  No again.  That left extraction, followed by a bridge.

I was in the chair for an hour and a half but you know they spin around from patient to patient while x-rays are taken, Novocain kicks in, fillings harden, molds set up, etc.  Still, I  believe the Dentist spent at least half an hour getting that molar out.  At first, he thought he could just wiggle it out but by the end I think he used every tool in the drawer plus the drill.

Gross...lots of little pieces but the big piece is the crown.
He called last night to see if I was doing okay.  That was very nice.


No comments: