Sunday, August 9, 2015

I Heart Beets

We get spoiled with beets right from the ground from our CSA and since there are not nearly enough of them, I prefer to just cook them and eat them plain.

When I saw these organic diced beets at Costco last week I decided to give them a try.  I had to check the nutritional label to see if they were pickled beets, something I thought it should say on the front label.  Pickled beets or pickled anything for that matter, is very much an individual preference and often too sweet-sour for me.
The ingredient list made me smile.  I would call these gently pickled as the vinegar is quite mild.  I was surprised by the diced celery as it is not something I would ever use in pickling.  They are quite good and I enjoy a small bowl at least once a day.  Another Costco win!

This picture of Min's cousin Max, also made me smile.
Max in bag with beets.

No comments: