Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Pureed Cauliflower

Cauliflower. I love it! I always requested it for my birthday.  Mom would boil a whole head, drain it and then spread Cream of Tomato Condensed soup over the top of it, sprinkle on some bread crumbs and broil it just long enough for those bread crumbs to brown.  Yum!!

Last night I had it pureed, sometimes I just mash it.  Not much too it; break it down into florets, steam until very tender and then mix in a splash of milk, butter, salt and pepper.  Mash or puree.  I think I will have it again tonight.

There was one disconcerting moment.  I opened a new tub of butter to find this:

I did laugh but am still wondering what the message is.  Can't wait to buy another tub though because maybe they are all like this.

I wonder who I will find in the fridge tonight.

No comments: