Friday, March 6, 2015

February Stash Update and a March Finish

Stash usage continues and at the end of February, net was still in the negative.  A fabulous thing and an all around big relief.  It's not at all that I avoid going into the fabric stores but I am getting good at leaving empty handed or at least with just a spool of thread.
Another UFO to check off!
This baby quilt was done just to see how large sashed charms (5x5" squares) could be.  It was only missing the top and bottom sashing and I struggled to match an almost white color.  Thought I did it, checked in broad daylight and every other kind of lighting but it is not quite a match.  No baby will notice of course.
Late afternoon is not the best time to photograph quilts hanging outside but the back does show the quilting.  This is one of my favorite ways to quilt baby quilts, the wiggle stitch (Q-18) on my machine. I also practiced putting on the binding all by machine.  I need more practice but at least it is secure.  This time I used the washable glue method to keep it in place before I sewed it down.

The quilt finished at 38x43".
It was a lovely day here!