Thursday, March 19, 2015

Dog for Sale

I subscribed to regular coffee deliveries and received the first box yesterday.  San Francisco Bay is the brand and they come 10 to a bag, a heavy biodegradable bag.  Excellent, although not resealable, but the remaining eight fit quite nicely into a quart jar. 

Upon returning from errands:
Min had helped herself to a bag from the box and ripped it to shreds.  A lot of coffee grounds everywhere but I could only account for 7 of the 10 pods.  I cleaned up the mess and made myself a sandwich and after a while, I wondered if coffee is bad for dogs.  Oh yes, it is.  The caffeine is toxic.  I called the vet.  I guessed she could have ingested it as long as two hours earlier and I estimated perhaps three tablespoons of dry grounds plus the plastic rings.
I poured two tablespoons of this down her throat and within 10 minutes everything was out on the grass.  It was a lot of coffee and plastic too.  She seems fine.

And a little later as I was picking up in the yard, I found what had interested her earlier in the day... a wee mouse.  I can't say if she caught it or it just keeled over dead but she had been seriously studying it,  thankfully not chewing on it. (I really did not look too closely at it, just close enough to find its tail so I could toss it in the bag.) Gross.
I think she's channeling Jack again.


No comments: