Saturday, May 31, 2014

I Had To Try It

Turkey Minestrone Stew


carrots, green beans, canola oil, ground turkey, potatoes, frozen peas, cannellini beans, crushed tomatoes, dried egg noodles, chopped fresh parsley, garlic powder, water 

The recipe is found in the book by Rick Woodford, Feed Your Best Friend Better and ...
Min loved it!

What are the missing ingredients in this list?  Salt and pepper.  I added quite a bit to my bowl and it was quite palatable but really needed onions badly.  Onions are not good for dogs.  It was all cooked in a crock pot so the egg noodles had almost disappeared.

Tomorrow is going to be a cooler day and so I am making Turkey Meatloaf, an oven recipe.

I bought Min the food she had been eating at the foster home and she has not really been enthusiastic about it.  I have been gradually adding the Acana dry food I have fed the boys for several years.  I will feed one home cooked meal and one kibble meal each day next week and see what happens.  I will also have to mix together a supplement to make sure she gets all her vitamins and minerals.

So fun!

No comments: