Thursday, January 30, 2014

More Like Un-Sewing

Yes, those are thread tweezers and sharp curved scissors for clipping threads close to the quilt surface but today they were used medically.  My neighbor called and had an inside dissolving stitch that didn't and was now poking out of his arm.  Euw.  Because it was his right arm he needed some assistance.  Ok, then come on over.  He brought his own rubbing alcohol and we swabbed everything and I used the tweezers to gently pull up on the rogue stitch and snipped it right off, no nicking of skin.  Fast, clean, easy and no blood.

Now the lesson.  Because I had dispatched all of my errands in an incredibly efficient manner yesterday, I was still lolling around in my pajamas at 8:30 when the phone rang and had to delay the stitch snipping until I was presentable.  Scandalous.  It happened that a couple of weeks ago a friend called for some emergency assistance at noon and I hadn't showered yet and was glad I didn't have take someone to the ER after all.  I have been very diligent about returning to my old standard of ready for the day by 8am, until today.

Lesson re-learned.

No comments: