Thursday, January 16, 2014

360 inches of Binding

First finish of 2014, Amy's long awaited quilt.  I think I started this one in March 2013, took it up to her in May for her opinion on the back, Sheila had it quilted by September and I had the binding finished last Tuesday.  There were some who thought maybe I wanted to keep it for myself and that's why it took so long. I do love it and am very pleased with it but it was totally a distraction delay.  Today UPS delivered it and I believe it will be on her (queen-sized) bed tonight.


The quilt is 90 x 90 inches and some day I will be brave and put both sides of the binding on with the machine but this binding was finished by hand.  360 inches equals 10 yardsticks which makes it seem even longer.
          Featured fabric = Mod Century by Jenn Ski for Moda
          Background fabric = Little Black Dress by Basic Grey for Moda
          Batting = Hobbs 80/20
          Quilted with Star Merc 30 wt. by Sheila

YAY! 1 down 13 to go.

No comments: