Monday, February 4, 2013

The Happiness of Wool Socks


I could have titled this post, The "New" Laundry, but really, my wool socks kept my feet so cozy during our long frigid winter weather spell.  I am grateful so I take a bit of extra care with them so they will be at the ready when next winter rolls around.

One of the bloggers I follow said she washes all her wool socks by hand and I was ready to do that but my sister the knitter said nah, throw them in the machine.  Not wanting to be sorry about it, I tested machine washing with the grey socks, not the handmade gold/brown socks.

They washed up like a dream and even though Carol says she puts hers in the dryer, I prefer to hang them.  I did have one pair of the grey socks accidentally get into the dryer and I was semi-hysterical when I pulled them out but they survived just fine.  I looked them up on-line and they should not be in a hot dryer but low to medium is find.  In fact, all the care symbols on the labels had me so confused, I googled it for some definitive definitions and found a wonderful table here that can be printed.  I have a copy in a sheet protector hanging in the laundry room.

And speaking of laundry, I have become a convert to this:


Specifically to the spray which removed what appeared to be a grease based stain on the back of my white fleece jacket as well as a tomato based dinner stain on the front.  The jacket was purchased with the stain on the back and had a note attached that because of that stain it was a crazy bargain and a white jacket that came with a stain would be low stress.  Hahaha!  So true!  Of course, now it is a stainless, sparkly white.

IMHO, the OxiClean is superior to Shout, etc.
 

No comments: