Thursday, February 14, 2013

HBE


Because of the new stove top, I've had to do some "eggs"-perimenting with the timing of hard boiled eggs.

For years I believe I used Martha's method which was to place eggs in cold water, bring to a boil, remove from heat, cover and let sit for 16 minutes.  It's possible that the 16 minutes had been adjusted for elevation but regardless, that was no longer working on the induction unit.  So, there has been much adjusting of times as well as the bring to a boil temperature.  Finally, today I was successful!

4 eggs straight from the fridge placed in my smallest saucepan*.  Cover with cold water an inch over the top of the eggs.  Bring water to a boil using the second to the highest setting. When boiling begins, cover and turn off the heat but leave pan on heating unit.  Wait 20 minutes.  Pour off hot water, crash the eggs around in the pan and fill with cold water to stop cooking.  Peel and enjoy.  This works for me.

*  I starred this because I try to use the word sauce as much as possible.  I say it out loud for no reason at all except that it makes us laugh.  I say it like Jacque says it... sew ssss.  Really, it cracks us up every time.  (Ha! an egg joke)  That's him under the bowl of eggs.

1 comment:

SeeJulieStamp said...

Have you seen the method for BAKING eggs to hard cook them?