Saturday, February 9, 2013

BSJ


I took a knitting class on Thursday night at Heindselman's to learn the Baby Surprise Jacket.  That's the first five rows hanging on the refrigerator.  I don't keep it there but it is hard to take a picture of anything identifiable because the circular needles coil themselves at the smallest of opportunities.

Yesterday, I ripped out the first three rows I did in class because my count was off by one.  It was marker confusion on my part so I started it over and now I have completed 6 rows.  It's pretty easy knitting but I say that before I have gotten to the M1s.  They concern me because I am not sure how they are supposed to look in process and so they always look wrong to me.  The M1s happen on row 11 so even though I wanted to stay in today, it might be best if I knit like crazy and then run over to Heindselman's and have someone watch me and verify that I am doing it right.  The class is four weeks but I think it would be good if I had more than 10 rows completed by next Thursday.

I'm using some new needles called Velocity made of nickle coated brass.  I think that's why I am zooming along!

There will be stripes!

No comments: