Thursday, November 15, 2012

It Works!!!


I know other people do this but I had to do it once to prove it to myself.  It works!

It is Alton Brown's recipe found here.  It shouldn't surprise me because I already swear by his mac and cheese recipe and his baked brown rice.  What a guy.

I heart AB
I have a fairly puny microwave and while I got a full bag of popcorn and a nice size bowl full, only 3/4 of the kernels popped.  Could be the corn or it could be the microwave.  There is no best by date  stamped on the corn.  The original recipe called for jalapeno seasoning which I left out.



Plain Brown Popper - Recipe courtesy Alton Brown
Makes 1 serving
  • 1/4 cup good quality popcorn
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 1/4 teaspoon popcorn salt
  • Paper lunch bag
  • Stapler
Toss the popcorn with the olive oil, salt, and jalapeno seasoning mix in the paper bag. Fold the top of the bag over and staple the bag twice to close. Place the bag in the microwave and microwave on high for 2 minutes to 3 minutes or until there is about 5 seconds between pops.
NOTE: Popcorn salt is a super-fine salt that is designed especially for sticking to food such as popcorn. It has the taste of regular table salt, but its granules are much finer.

No comments: