Tuesday, November 27, 2012

DSBs... Done!

In the mail and can you believe I forgot to count them!  I think there are 24 bags but perhaps only 23.
When the kids were here in September we (as always) made a trip to DI.  I scored this sleeve board for $1 and it is something I have always wanted!  It came in very handy for pressing the bags.

I bought very little fabric for this project, just a couple of small pieces for the contrasting tops.  Most are lined with muslin of which I do believe I have an unending supply.
Most of the bags are cat related, some are Christmas and there are a few novelty prints just because I had them.  This Peanuts Christmas bag has fabric from 2001 (the red print), 2004 (the blue print) and the green stripe is still on the shelf in the store.  I'm estimating that I used up 5 yards of fabric from the stash.  Hooray!

In celebration, the sewing machine will have the day off tomorrow and maybe the iron too!

No comments: