Monday, August 27, 2012

Sub-flooring

The real floor guy came this morning shortly after 7 and took one look at the floor and said you really need sub-flooring here.  Too much of a difference from the new to the old and especially the spot were the original back door is.  Original as in 1903.

I really wasn't surprised.  I had been surprised when the manager said he didn't think it would be needed but then I have never been re-floored.

Wade (or possibly Waylin) did bring in the vinyl before he went back to the store for sub-floor.  It is a good choice and I wasn't particularly worried about that but you know how it is when you only have a 3x5-inch sample.

I was sitting in the sewing room doorway so I could watch him put it down.  Just one guy and it only took him a little bit more than two hours.

I learned about this tool, an undercut saw which was used for cutting away the walls to make room for the flooring to slide under.  The handle is about  3 inches higher than the blade.
The boys were pretty patient with having to stay outside and once it was all over, quickly resumed their favorite position.
Dylan