Monday, August 27, 2012

A Repurpose

Before repurposing
This is a very old dresser I bought about 25 years ago.  It's a modest piece and not very well refinished but it is a nice size.  It has a lovely almost ornate mirror that attaches to it.  The drawers do not have any kind of sliding mechanism in them and so are kind of annoying.  So much so that I really did not like using it as a dresser.  After the first part of the kitchen remodel, I got rid of some cheap Home Depot cabinets that I had used first in the laundry room and then later as an island in the
kitchen.  I took the mirror off this dresser and put a found enameled top on it and it became the island.  The drawers were still annoying to use but now that there was silverware being stored in them, I had to use them annoying or not.

Michael, the woodworker, now has it and will convert the bottom two drawers to two doors.  He will also add a stronger floor/bottom and I will use it for those rolling can racks.

We are 4th in line so I am not sure when it will return for the After shot.

No comments: