Wednesday, July 1, 2015

And So It Begins

Actually, we heard the first fireworks last night but not many.  Too early for one thing, they are supposed to be only three days before and three days after the holiday and then there was some big thunder which seemed to announce big rain but that never happened.

I took this with my phone as we came down Center St. on our walk this morning.  The second block east of University is being set up as a carnival.  Kind of creepy in the early morning.  I don't remember them last year but we tend to change our route during the holiday. 

First balloon of the season.  Min barking as all the past dogs have done but she stopped when I put my hand on her head and told her it was okay.  Jack and Dylan had to be called inside, they would never stop otherwise.
Yikes!  I thought it was going to land at the intersection of 1N and 5E.  Now that would have been very, very exciting.

No comments: