Sunday, July 19, 2015

A Must Read

There are shocking facts in this book.  You could let it be overwhelming and just toss your hands in the air and say I can't, I just can't worry about all this.  Probably not, but you can make some  difference.

Surprisingly there are not a lot of words in this book.  A few full pages here and there but it's the graphics that will stick in your head.
 If you look at this page you can see that the author takes a lot into consideration when calculating how much water is needed for producing different products.

I was encouraged to read that cloth napkins are a hands down winner over paper.  He does say that cloth napkins can be used and rewashed 50 times.  For those of us who use cloth napkins, that number might seem to be way too low.  I have a stack of new cloth napkins and as they are all different, it might be easy to pick one and keep track.  Certainly if I use the same one every day, it would need to be washed weekly!
 As I have collected a lot of fat quarters over the years, I started making cloth napkins as a way to use them up.  I thought perhaps to donate them to the Cat House for their fund raiser.  If there is not any interest to purchase them, although we are talking about Washington state, perhaps they could be a freebie bonus with another purchase. Whatever works, I am just trying to reduce the stash here.

No comments: