Sunday, August 24, 2014

Sigh

If I can get rid of the excess paper around here, I will call this month's challenge a success.  A screaming success.
I pulled these folders out of the filing cabinet.  The filing cabinet has only two drawers and my goal is to get everything into one drawer and use the extra drawer for shoes.  I'm kind of kidding about that but the filing cabinet is in my closet after all.

I couldn't bring myself to just put these in the recycle bin.  You can see the dates, 1979, 1982 and 1988, so they sat on the kitchen table for a couple of weeks.  Yesterday I opened them.
The entire magazines were not in the folders, just the pages relating to the crafting instructions of 100 items under $100.  Talk about a walk back in time!  One of the issues had something I had actually made.  The advertisements were funny and startling too, all those cigarette ads aimed at women.

I did slip out a couple of pages to consider at a later date but 99% was tossed.  The funniest thing about this is that the address labels belong to someone else here in Utah.  I wasn't in the state yet!

No comments: