Sunday, August 31, 2014

465 more or less

Iconic
I'll bet this hasn't been used in twenty years.  It's in really good condition too.  No cracks in the interior and just a little chipping of the classic green exterior paint.  Under each of the side handles is a bottle opener.  That made me smile.

So August's Challenge ended yesterday for me.  I thought about continuing today but the gross stuff left in the garage requires plastic gloves which I did not have.  Thirty days is good enough and that's where the 465 comes from, adding each day of the month.  Some of the "things" were just weighed and a lot of what I just tossed into the black can was not counted at all.  Hunks of wood here and there and the last minute dashes to the curb before the big truck came to pick up.

There's still plenty of work to do in the garage.  There are some built-in shelves I would like to remove and lots of misc. wood pieces that can still get tossed but one must have room in the black can to do so.  Perhaps I can borrow my neighbor's black can this week and fill it.

It's been a rewarding and humbling experience and for pete's sake, why do we keep all that stuff!

(I cut the grass last night!)

No comments: