Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Playing with Numbers

Day 13 of the challenge.  I had planned to sort though another box in the garage.  It's a small box and I am pretty sure most everything in it can be tossed but "pretty sure" means there might be decisions and those take more time than they probably should.

I had two things on the calendar so time spent purging was going to be short.  I fell back to plan B which is just walk into the storeroom and look from side to side.  No need to even turn my head, just move my eyes.

Sure enough, there it was, a big bag of worn out jeans and jeans pieces, collected with the idea of making a jeans quilt.  Having seen many finished jeans quilts while working at the fabric store, I know that most of them are heavy enough to crush the air right out of you. No longer interested.

The bag weighs 32 lbs.  Very heavy!  But how to tie that into Day 13.  32, of course, is not evenly divisible by 13.  32/13 = 2.47  Oh, there it is!  2 + 4 + 7 = 13.  I'm counting it!!! That bag is outta here.

I love math. (Not logarithms though,)

1 comment: