Monday, July 25, 2016

July Baby Quilt

Finished hand stitching the back of the binding this morning but most of it was done on Slow Stitching Sunday.  It's a nice contemplative thing to do.


The quilt pattern came from this book and we, Carol and I, cannot say enough good things about it.  You might want to consider it for your own library.  This is my first finished quilt from it but Carol has done three and her daughter is working on another!!
The quilt finishes 45x47 and is not the size for a baby quilt that the pattern indicates.  In fact there was some fussing about with blocks as I cut for a crib size quilt which was five across by eight down.    I decided I wanted it square so sewed it 6x6 blocks.  Ha!  Not. Square.  The blocks are rectangular.  Fortunately, I had enough left over blocks cut to add a row to the bottom.

All fabric from stash and I used Hobbs 100% Cotton batting.  I bought three yards of it and cut it into 4 equal pieces so I am not always looking for baby quilt sized batting.  I quilted it with Star Merc.

No comments: