Sunday, April 3, 2016

"Oddly Delicious"


Oddly delicious is the title of the Summer Tomato blog found here, which describes a dish of eggs and cabbage.  I had to try it!  I love eggs and I love cabbage and yes, indeed, I love this very simple dish.  I always have eggs and even had cabbage.

Cabbage and Eggs
Serves one

1 tablespoon bacon grease, evoo, or butter
1 packed cup, thinly sliced cabbage
1 teaspoon soy sauce
2 eggs, beaten
1 green onion, thinly sliced, optional

Heat grease at medium high and then add cabbage.  Cook for 3-5 minutes until lightly browned. Add soy sauce and stir for 30 seconds, letting it evaporate a bit.  Spread cabbage evenly along bottom of pan and reduce heat to medium.  Add eggs.  Let mixture sit for about two minutes and then begin to lift and turn the eggs until they are done to your liking.  For me that is another 2 minutes.

YUM!

(There's no picture of the real dish because I couldn't get one.  It's not a terribly attractive dish but if you have green onion or perhaps chives to sprinkle on top, that helps.)



1 comment:

WebDeb said...

I had this for lunch, served in a warmed wrap. Fabulous. (I only used 1/2 Tbsp. of EVOO.)