Friday, April 8, 2016

That Comfort Zone

I'm reading a very interesting and enjoyable novel called Breakfast with Buddha by Roland Merullo.  The chapter I read this morning brought fear of failure to my attention.  It was just what I needed to think about!  Funny how that works sometimes.

One of the local quilt shops has invited one of my all time favorite quilters to put on a 2-day seminar. I was shocked when I stumbled on the information.  Shocked I tell you.  All the way from Australia to Lehi, Utah!  Well and a few other stops, of course. I toyed with the idea of going.  I toyed with it more than once but in the end felt entirely too intimidated.  It's a large quilt guild putting on the seminar, they also intimidate me.

Until this morning.  Really, if I don't step out of my comfort zone, how will I learn anything different?  Going to the seminar is costly, it will add stress to an already stressful May but I decided I would be sad if I let a little fear make me miss this opportunity (and I can nap on the plane the next day).


1 comment:

Carol said...

Yay for you! It's so uncomfortable being uncomfortable. It will be so worth it!! Can't wait to hear more.