Friday, April 11, 2014

Goodbye Faithful Servant

Surprisingly not much to clean out of the Jeep.  A lot of receipts and miscellaneous bits of paper under the seats and the glove department had some survival items of interest: a little first aid kit, one stainless fork, one serrated paring knife, a spark plug gapping tool, a map of Utah, a supply of paper napkins, matches, and a plastic straw.  I don't know, perhaps the straw was for an emergency tracheotomy or blood transfusion.  Also this:

a film canister filled with quarters, twenty six of them, I guess in case I had to call out of state.  There was also $1.80 in loose change under the seats and a crisp dollar bill in the pocket on the visor.

I'll admit to tearing up a bit.  I liked this car, I liked driving it and it was an absolutely great car for hauling around two big dogs.
(Donated to KUER, our National Public Radio station.)

1 comment:

WebDeb said...

I would be tearing up also, but I look forward to riding with A/C in July! (If we go anywhere, that is.)