Wednesday, September 12, 2018

The August Baby Quilts

I did finish the baby quilt with the black and lime flying geese border in August but I am not including that in the official count of August Baby Quilt.  I made two others start to finish and one that just needed the binding finished.  I am including that one here even though it was completed over the Labor Day weekend.  There will probably always be overlap from month to month, I just don't want to count any quilt twice :-)


This quilt was for my dear friend Torey's newest Great Grandson.  All the fabrics had been in the cupboard for some time, the newest being the blue and white print.  I used every bit of the red, yellow and white prints which had each been a third of a yard.  Notice that the borders on this quilt are all different.  No scraps left except some of the blue and white!



My neighbor bought this quilt for her niece's new baby.  This is the quick version of the Alex Anderson 3-Hour Baby Quilt (top).  The boarders are not pieced with flying geese which is what makes it much faster.  I was quite pleased with the end result and had plenty of the grey "rick-rack" fabric to use for the back.  Pat reported that the mother-to-be loved it!  Always nice to get some feedback.


You will recognize this quilt pattern but it's fun that while it was all stash fabric on the front, the cowboy fabric came from my sister's stash!  When I was out there in July, she suggested that I go through her stash and take what I wanted.  There was a good sized chunk of the cowboy fabric with spots that had been fussy cut for specific images.  Ha!  That was because she had used those images in a flying geese strip that she used to embellish a sweat shirt she gave me for Christmas...at least 20 years ago.

I just happened to have purchased a backing fabric this summer that was perfect. $4.99/yard from the flat-fold clearance table at The Cotton Shop. 


No comments: