Thursday, March 10, 2016

Ranch


Not Utah, but it is a googled picture of a ranch in springtime and it is truly a Spring Day here, sunny and 66 degrees.  Windows and doors have been appropriately flung open!

So salad sounded good for lunch but I did have to mix up some dressing.  This Ranch Dressing recipe from Barefeet in The Kitchen is my favorite.  I pretty much make it as per but I did reduce the milk to make it just a little thicker.

Homemade Ranch Salad Dressing
Yield: about 1 1/2 cups

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1/3 cup buttermilk or regular milk
3/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried chives
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/8 teaspoon finely cracked pepper
freshly squeezed lemon juice to taste, 1-3 teaspoons

Whisk together mayo, sour cream and milk until smooth. Add spices and whisk until combined. Add the lemon and whisk again. Pour into a jar and chill in the refrigerator before serving. 

Notes:  I keep dry buttermilk on hand also I like 3 teaspoons of lemon juice but only a teaspoon if I have to use the stuff in the green bottle.

No comments: