Sunday, September 7, 2014

Welcome!

And by the way there is a flushing problem.
.
Last year when the kids came to visit the toilet started running all the time.  We got that fixed before they left.  This time, at 11pm the night before they were to arrive, all of a sudden the tank wouldn't re-fill.  After fussing with it for 20 minutes I used a plastic container of antacids and a cap from a pill bottle to prop the innards in place to stop the water from running continuously.

All it involved was a quick Home Depot stop and a $4.50 flapper replacement.  I count myself very lucky.  My friends in the next block have a big hole in their front yard and a bill with many zeros.

And then there is this guy.  Not welcome and causing much consternation in the dry water dish next to the swing.  Still there after 24 hours.  I didn't feel comfortable putting something next to him for a size reference but I think his body is about 3/4" and over all front to back including his legs, twice that.  I/m pretty sure a Wolf spider but not dangerous.  I released him in the front yard moments ago.

No comments: