Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Goings On


Last week when the kids were here, we actually set up an accessory table in the kitchen.  It came from the storeroom and I honestly had forgotten about it until the recent purge.  It's a sewing table for the Featherweight (Singer).


Amy was cutting t-shirts into strips and I was cutting borders for a quilt.  We also used the table for gaming.  Rummikub and the new game we learned, Phase 10.


The inner strips had been cut for a class I was teaching years ago and when Amy plucked them out of a pile of fabric she wanted me to finish it for her.  She arranged the inner strips.  I fussed with the borders, piecing them so I had a good sized amount left for the back. It wasn't until I looked at this picture that I noticed the way the corners had turned out.  It's not that obvious in real life.  The colors are intense but not quite as intense as the morning light makes them appear.
 

No comments: