Monday, September 9, 2013

Food Tools

Torey's daughter puts a recipe in the RS bulletin each Sunday and as I was making dinner last night I thought it would be fun for her to ask what kitchen tools do you appreciate most.  Now I probably thought about it because I cutting vegetables with the fabulous little red knife with the serrated edge.  Victorinox is the brand and it was a Christmas prize last year.  I use it all the time!  During the first month , I cut myself twice.  It's still very sharp (Swisss made) but I am more careful.

The strawberry huller, the olive fork, the egg seperator and the citrus cutter/peeler have gone the way of the DI, however, I use the silicone spatula as a stirring spoon in everything pot on the stove.  I like it better than a wooden spoon.  Mostly though it is in the picture as a reminder that they should be replaced before they start to "chip" and you find a piece of silicone in your food and wonder what the heck is this.

The other tool I use almost daily is the garlic press.  Boy, I love it!  Mincing garlic, even with the little red knife, is not something I want to do.

And my newest favorite is the stick blender.  So efficient, so easy to clean, so easy to store.  I just rearranged a drawer so I could keep it there.  A drawer, fps.

No comments: