Monday, May 4, 2015

1 Done, Two To Go

The new gate is a perfect spot for a baby quilt photo
The original pieced duvet cover, circa 1996 for the first big boy bed
Charming prints, finished squares are 3"
A fair amount of stitch picking
The pieced center of the top was 15 squares across by 24 squares down.  I thought there would be a lot more picking out of stitches but the math worked out so that I could separate that piece at the 10 squares across all the way down.  Then I separated at the halfway point, 12 squares down which left me with 2 sections 10 by 12 squares and two pieces 5 by 12 squares which I resewed so that the final size was the same 10 x 12 as the other two sections.  Amazing.

Because the original had 8 1/2 inch borders, I cut those down to 4 1/4 and have enough to border each section.  I was only able to get enough binding for one quilt though.

Finished quit size is 36 by 41.5 inches. 
Hobbs 80/20 batting
Quilted with the serpentine stitch diagonally in two directions.

Perfect.

(Stash update for April- - -  still on course!  Each week this year has remained in the negative, more out than in.  Feels good!)

No comments: