Thursday, November 27, 2014

Too Many To Count

photo credit Brigham Young University
Blessings, not turkeys.

My favorite part of Thanksgiving really is the cooking and eating.  Cooking for one leaves a lot to be desired and for the past many, many years I have participated in the Parker family gathering.  Sometimes there are large numbers of eaters sometimes not so many.  I always get to bring something and this year it will be roasted sweet potatoes, beets, and onions.  Plus cranberry sauce which is store bought and fps downright scandalous!  It was the Smith's sample lady that got me.

If you need to know more about cranberries, here is a great article.  Cranberries are very smart! When I read the article I was reminded of Michael Pollan's book The Botany of Desire.

For my personal Thanksgiving, I am making stuffing and gravy.  The bread has been toasted and the wings are roasting.  The oven will be on most of the morning and usually this time of year that would be a lovely thing because of the heat generated.  Yesterday it was 61 and today most likely warmer!


No comments: