Thursday, July 25, 2013

A Dolly!

I had mentioned to my friend Gaye that I had a dolly on my Costco list.  I mentioned it to her because she has a card and I do not and sometime we will find the time to go together.

Today while I was at her house for our mostly weekly sew day, she said oh hey, Steve has a small dolly that didn't work out for what he needed it for and it's yours if you want it.  Boy Howdy! I say YAY!! and Thank You!!

It's exactly what I need to maneuver large Ikea boxes or furniture that has been shipped.  If I can't carry them in, I walk them in by lifting up one side and rotating it forward then lifting up the other side, rotating it forward and repeating endlessly until I can tip the box onto the stairs and slide it up onto the deck and shove it inside.  An arduous task at best and hopefully no one in the neighborhood has it on film.  It's not pretty, there is a lot of sweating involved.

So even if I have to go the long way around by sidewalk to the front door, this will be a fantastic improvement to the constant moving of large heavy objects here on the estate.

I put a cd next to the dolly (in its tidy collapsed shape) for perspective and then another large heavy object stepped into the picture and there you have it.  Happy Day!

1 comment:

WebDeb said...

I felt bad that we never got around to moving the cedar chest. I hope this helps, but it still seems like it will take two people!